Wednesday 27 March 2013

Ireland

Thursday morning
Nice day for a white wedding?!! The spectacular view from my hotel 
window with snowy mountains in the far distance

The Waters Edge Hotel, a noah's ark of a place with the sea on the 
other side of that huge window
Beautiful formica snapped in a loo cubicle at Belfast International Airport
Merry exhausted after her weekend away with new dog sitter, Liz
At the weekend I flew to Ireland for my cousin Will and his lovely bride Claire's wedding. Unfortunately James couldn't make it so Mat, Nadine, Baby Lucienne, my Nana and I, all flew out together from Gatwick on Thursday morning for a weekend of eating, drinking and nuptials. The weather was quite biblical with snow thrashing down all around us, but despite the cold we all had a fabulous time. I'd never been to Ireland before and unfortunately I never left the hotel, apart from the small interruption of the actual "I do's." But I figured that with the fabulous views, hospitality, food and warmth, I could experience an excellent slice of what Ireland had to offer from the comfort of the hotel. A huge thank you to the wonderful Will and Claire - a thoroughly brilliant weekend was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment